Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'm at a Conference! (Wednesday Update/Thursday Preview)

Summary of Wednesday Activities

Yesterday I attended two thought-provoking sessions on supply chain issues - the first on tackling human trafficking, the second on addressing surprises and planning for future issues. I am writing something up that will be more substantial than a summary blurb and will post it next week. I hope you read it and let me know what you think. In the meantime, BSR can be found on twitter @BSRNews and conference hashtag #BSR12.

Thursday

Thursday begins with presentations by International Photographer Platon and Leontino Balbo, Jr., Head of Native Organic Products. For the morning breakout session, I'll be attending "Reaching Into the Root of Supply Chains: Perspectives From an End User" with Barry Parkin, Global Commercial VP for the Mars Chocolate division of Mars, Inc (@MarsGlobal). In the afternoon, I'll be attending a 2-hour working session "Sustainability and Leadership Competencies." The day ends with Plenary Speaker Anne-Marie Slaughter (@SlaughterAM), Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University.

As always, feel free to tweet or DM questions to me at @CSRBella.

No comments:

Post a Comment