Friday, October 26, 2012

I'm at a Conference! (Thursday Update/Friday Preview)

Summary of Thursday Activities

Last night I discovered my laptop cord has a frayed spot - all sparks and wires - which I imagine is quite dangerous, a fire hazard at the very least. As such, my NYC work is coming to a close unless I can track down a new cord (if you have ideas, please pass them along). I have included my Friday schedule below and will continue to tweet when I can. In the meantime, I'll be drafting my blog entries the old-fashioned way - pen and paper! Per usual, BSR can be found on twitter @BSRNews and conference hashtag #BSR12.

Friday

Friday, our last day, is a half day. It begins with a presentation by Raj Shah, Administrator of USAID (@USAID), followed by a panel with Fred Krupp (@FredKrupp), President of Environmental Defense Fund (@EnvDefenseFund), and Mindy Lubber (@MindyLubber), President of Ceres (@CeresNews). Next will be a presentation by Jeff Jarvis (@JeffJarvis), blogger at BuzzMachine (@BuzzMachine) and Professor.  On this final day, we only have morning breakout sessions. I'll be attending either "Tackling Bribery and Corruption Risks in Global Supply Chains" with Travis Winslow, Director of Ethics and Corporate Compliance for Carnival Corporation (@CarnivalCruise), and Jermyn Brooks, Chair of Transparency International (@anticorruption), or "Identifying an Effective Remedy for Human Rights Impacts" with Natalie Bridgeman Fields (@nataliebridgema), Founder and Executive Director of Accountability Counsel, and Jonathan Drimmer, VP and Assistant General Counsel of Barrick Gold Corporation (@BarrickGold).

As always, feel free to tweet or DM questions to me at @CSRBella.

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of notnancydrew blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete